Coming Out Simulator Coming Out Simulator

I don't care about you or your coming out story. Ironically pointing out that a game is not fun doesn't suddenly absolve it of that criticism.

Lognes Island Lognes Island

Awful.

First things first. You deliberately gave the game bugs just to make it more "NES-y"? I'm not sure if you're aware, but nearly all of the most renowned games on the NES didn't have noticeable bugs. Deliberately adding bugs to your game using such a terrible excuse just seems like a lazy cop-out so that you don't have to fix them.

There isn't much to say about the game. It's just another iteration in the endless ocean of piss-poor Megaman ripoffs. There is nothing original about the concept or gameplay, which wouldn't be so bad if it was at least executed competently, but it wasn't. The unoriginality in the gameplay is only compounded by the fact that you literally stole all your sound effects from NES games and the music is an 8-bit rendition of Clint Eastwood by The Gorillaz. Do something original for a change.

GuyUngerNL responds:

some examples of these bugs:
-the NES pixel processing unit was very limited causing rendering bugs. in total only 64 movable objects could be shown on screen and in a verticle row only 8.
this made the sprites flickering when there were more than that maximum. I hardcoded this bug in the game (not 100% as it works on the nes as i said in the discription but I hope it still gives that same feel)
-when a screen was transitioning in megaman or castlevania it couldn't show the movable objects from the previous and next level so I also hardcoded in the game that it hides the sprites when it is transitioning into a new level

the only point of this project was to try to achieve an experience that feels like it's played on the real nes, using sounds from the original games helped a lot and I don't see why it would be a problem to use it. It's not like I'm making money from the game.

For me this game was just another experiment to explore something new in game development, I had to look into tons on NES games and read how the pixel processing unit functions, very educational stuff. I understand that you judge the game with standards of a full on indie game, but it's not what i try to present it as.

GLave GLave

I played through the whole game for that shitty ending?!

This game is not good at all. It's an extremely boring grindfest where all you do is collect money to survive the attacks from the enemies in the later levels who will one-shot you if you don't have the right armor. There are no bosses, the game is very slow-paced and the enemies are hard to hit. And there is no point in using anything other than the bounce mod as it has the fastest rate of fire. The "advantages and disadvantages" from the other mods are completely negligible since all the bullets do the exact same amount of damage, meaning that the only thing that's really different about them is the rate of fire.

I spent an hour playing this game to see a terrible two-screen ending that took me right back to the title screen afterwards. Don't waste your time on this game, folks. The only thing that's even remotely interesting from this snorefest is the music, and it's really not that great. Definitely NOT worth playing through the game to hear. Just give this one a pass, you'll thank me later.

RetroShoot RetroShoot

This is as dumbed-down as it gets.

Wow. Just when I thought shooting games couldn't get simpler than geometry wars, along comes THIS... piece, which proves me utterly wrong by giving you a ship that autoscrolls AND auto shoots, as well as stupid-as-doorknob cannon fodder enemies that barely do anything. Then the game constantly sucks up to you for just moving your mouse effortlessly around the extremely slow-moving targets.

This game belongs on the Wii. It's just that bad.

Death Row Death Row

Good game, marred by a BULLSHIT ending.

I just played through this game and beat it, I got Hector pardoned with only two days remaining... I was so happy that I was gonna see the ending, which I worked hard for.

I entered the code, clicked OK, and then... fucking WHAT?!! That's all you get at the end of the game?! A fucking advertisement telling you to download the FULL game?!!? That is terrible design, right there. I played through that game for nothing at all in the end? Seeing "FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS NEXT, DOWNLOAD THE FULL VERSION" pissed me off to no end. This is SUPPOSED to be the full version. No, no, there's no forgiving you for this. This was a good game lambasted by a terrible decision on your part to shaft the gamers in the end. I highly disapprove.

DEATHWORM DEATHWORM

Terrible ripoff.

Basically your idea for this game was to blatantly rip off the original game's name and design and take away everything that was fun about it. No seeing your worm underground, no flying and doing combos, a time limit slapped on for no particular reason. no real control over your fucking worm? This game just sucks and is a pale shadow of the original. And don't act like you've never fucking heard of Deathworm, the name, worm design and all the ideas present in this game are blatantly fucking copied from the original. This is NOT your fucking idea, so stop taking credit.

I-smel responds:

WAIT- You've been here before! I remember you now. How many times've you posted this same review?

Right, considering you're so desperate for a reply, I'll give you one. I better make it quick before you SPREAD THE WORD OF MY EVIL PLANS D=
First off, before the date this was submitted, I'd never played Deathworm. Had I heard of it? YES. I've allready said that. THIS game was designed to be played differently from day one. This is a short, quick and simple game with cleaner graphics, sound, and most importantly face value. It's streamlined, sanded down, and made more suitable for the average lunch break or those with little patience, short attention spans or slow computers. Y'know, like a regular person. There's different goals and objectives- New graphics and sounds work together in a different theme. There's no NEED to see the worm underground. You're not missing out on anything there, so calm down. Flying is the point of the game, so I don't know what you're talking about there. There IS combos, so that comment doesn't make any sense either. The time limit's there because it's just not designed to be played for longer than a minute at a time. That'd get boring fast. There IS control over the worm- None of these comments are making any sense to me.
The name was the hardest part of making the game- I released it a day late because it was no easy decision. See, there is no better name for this game than "Deathworm". There's no sense in choosing a crappier name just to avoid calling it that, because then I'd just get MORE bad reviews.
The worm design IS the same. It's inverse kinemtics. What more do you want?
And to say all the ideas are the same is a bit of a step over the line. Let's compare the goals here:
D1) Grow as big as possible and stay alive for as long as you can
D2) Smash everything you can in 60 seconds.

Aw shit I just spent like 5 minutes writing that and then realised he's got a batting average of like 1.3 =/
I don't want to delete this response though now >_>

I was gonna say something at the end but now I've totally forgot what it was. Shit.

Well- I'm leaving it here JUST IN CASE =O

agnryfaic: th gaym agnryfaic: th gaym

It's angryface, which is awesome, but...

This game isn't winnable. WHYFOR YOU DISGRACE AGNRYFAIC WITH PUTTING HIM IN UNWINNABLE GAEM

Super Chick Sisters Super Chick Sisters

Decent game, but...

I don't care for the baseless, borderline insane political undertones that this game is constantly shoving in my face. I for one do not appreciate having the propaganda of a floundering, cult-like organization constantly crammed my throat. I hope this isn't done in any future games.

Cuisine King Cuisine King

Screen is too big. I can't play it.

Increase my resolution? Hell no. If I can't play it in one click, then screw it.

Change it.

mofunzone responds:

You can use the pop-up link NG offers. I tried changing the author description or even tried changing its height and width, but it keeps saying server error. My apologies to those that can't play, but there's nothing I can do. Try playing on our site.